Patrol Captain Scott Felts is a 16 year veteran of the Cleveland Police Department. Captain Felts began his career as a Patrol Officer with the Cleveland Police Department in 1997.
In 2002 Felts was promoted to the position of Detective. As a Detective he was responsible for Undercover Narcotics Operations, Felony / Misdemeanor Investigations, District Attorney Intake and was appointed as a Task Force Officer for the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms.
In 2009 Felts was promoted to the position of Captain over the Criminal Investigations Division, in 2011 he was assigned to oversee the Patrol Division.
Captain Felts’s primary duties and other responsibilities include:
- Day to day operations of the department
- Public Information Officer
- Oversees Jail Facility
- Liaison with multiple agencies / prosecutors offices
- Compiles monthly patrol activity reports
- Tactical Operations
- Sex Offender Compliance Officer
- Enforce rules of Departmental Operations
- Reports directly to the Chief of Police
Captain Felts holds a Master Peace Officer certification from the State of Texas.