Be A Lifesaver: Watch Your Kids Around Water
Did you know that drowning is the second leading cause of death for children ages 1 to 4? Unfortunately, for every child who drowns, another four are hospitalized and 16 others receive emergency care for near-drowning. Some children require lifetime care.
Safety Tips Around Water
- In case of drowning, call 9-1-1.
- Never leave children alone around water: Know where your child is at all times.
- Secure doors and gates leading to the pool area and keep them in top working condition.
- When leaving the pool area, remove all inflatable toys that may entice a child to the water.
- Keep any standing water out of harms way: close toilet lids, empty inflatable pools, and drain water from buckets. A child can drown in 1-2 inches of water!
- If your children will be around water, learn CPR.