- Mow approximately 52 acres. This includes cemeteries, airport runway lights, city buildings, etc. Trim and landscape these areas as well.
- Maintain and clean four parks. Pick up trash and clean restrooms daily.
- Maintain 46 flower beds and flower pots throughout the city.
- Mosquito fogging three times a week if possible. However, there are a lot of factors that throw off this schedule, including rain and damp weather, and winds over 10 mph. Fogging can’t be done during daylight hours.
- Set up for special events at Stancil Exposition, Samuel Wiley Park, airport, parades, etc.
The Parks/Cemeteries Department has five employees.