- Maintain and repair approximately 64.5 miles of water lines.
- Maintain and repair 293 fire hydrants.
- Maintain four wells. This is soon to be five with the airport well coming online later this year.
- Maintain and repair three water plants. This is soon to be four plants with the airport water system coming online this year. This includes two elevated water towers and four groundwater tanks.
- Install new or replacement water and sewer taps.
- Maintain and replace water meters and valves.
- Read approximately 2,500 water meters monthly.
- Maintain emergency generators at all city locations that have a generator.
- Work with Code Enforcement to perform back flow prevention inspections.
This department has five employees and is fully integrated with the Wastewater Department under one supervisor.