Who should I call and complain to about a code violation?
You should contact code enforcement for the following violations:
  • Garbage, trash, and accumulated debris
  • Noxious weeds
  • Abandoned vehicles (on private property)
  • Unlicensed and inoperative vehicles stored on private property
  • Commercial vehicles parked in a residential zone
  • Structures built within setbacks
  • Signs placed in the right of way
  • Illegal signs on private and public property
  • Fences over 6 feet in residential zones
  • Fences over 4 feet in residential front yards
  • Fences in disrepair
  • Tree branches hanging low over sidewalks or streets, vegetation growing onto or over sidewalks
  • Construction or grading without the proper permit
  • Vacant buildings open to unauthorized entry
  • Basketball hoops on the sidewalk or street
  • Illegal operation of business in a residential zone
  • Businesses operating without a business license or proper permits
  • Activities not in compliance with current zoning regulations
You can file a complaint by phone at 281-592-2621. You do not contact the Police Department or dial 9-1-1 for the above-listed complaints.

Show All Answers

1. What are the procedures for filing charges?
2. When should I call 9-1-1?
3. How do I use 9-1-1?
4. Where can I get fingerprinted?
5. How do I apply for a license to carry a concealed weapon?
6. How do I get a copy of a police report?
7. What can I do about speeding in my neighborhood?
8. I am going on vacation. How can I protect my house?
9. I want to have my child's car seat checked to make sure it fits properly in my car. Who do I contact?
10. Who should I call and complain to about a code violation?